What's the different between the melt blown nonwoven and PP spunbond non woven
During the special period of epidemic prevention and control, everyone required to wear a mask when going out. So, the demand for masks is very high, and many places are in short supply. We also pay attention to distinguish when buying masks, melting spray cloth masks to filter the virus, and poor masks can not have the effect of isolating and blocking the virus, melting spray cloth is the core material to know the mask.
Due to the demand for COVID-19 epidemic prevention and control, the production capacity of face masks in China has accelerated to resume. But, in the face of the huge gap, the supply is still in short supply. Why there is a masking machine can not make masks, because of the lack of mask core material: melting spray cloth. In a short month, many enterprises have switched to the production of masks, although the price of melt-spraying cloth has increased greatly, the shortage of melt-spraying cloth nationwide is severe, there are not so many melt-spraying cloth supply market, now stuck in the melt-spraying cloth link. Melt-spraying cloth is an important material for the production of surgical masks and N95 masks, which has called the "heart" of masks.
What is spray cloth:
If you cut open a normal surgical mask, you can see that the mask composed of three layers, SMS structure:
1. The inner S layer is ordinary non-woven cloth for moisture absorption;
2. The outer S layer made of non woven fabric with waterproof treatment. It is used to isolate the liquid ejected by patients and prevent droplets.
3. The middle layer Melt blown is the most important core layer, which can filter the bacterial suspended particles.
What is the difference between melt-sprayed cloth and non-woven cloth?
Melt spraying cloth made of polypropylene, the diameter of the fiber can reach 1 ~ 5 microns. Many voids, fluffy structure, good anti-folding ability, these have a unique capillary structure of the ultrafine fiber to increase the number and surface area of the fiber, so that the melting spray cloth has a good filtering, shielding, thermal insulation, and oil absorption. It can use in air, liquid filtration material, isolation material, absorption material, mask material, heat preservation material, oil-absorbing material and wiping cloth, etc.
Range of application
(1) medical cloth: operating gown, protective clothing, disinfectant cloth, mask, diaper, women's sanitary napkin, etc.;
(2) home decoration cloth: wall cloth, table cloth, bed sheet, bedspread, etc.;
(3) with the installation of cloth: lining, bonding lining, flocs, shaping cotton, various synthetic leather cloth, etc.;
(4) industrial cloth: filtering materials, insulation materials, cement packaging bags, geotextile, covering cloth, etc.;
(5) agricultural cloth: crop protection cloth, seedling raising cloth, irrigation cloth, heat preservation curtain, etc.;
(6) others: space cotton, thermal insulation, linoleum, smoke filter, tea bag, etc.
The material fiber fineness is 0.5-1.0 meters. The random distribution of the fiber provides more opportunities for thermal bonding between the fibers. As a result, the melt spray gas filtration material has a larger specific surface area and a higher porosity (≥75%). Through the high- pressure electret filtration efficiency, the product has the characteristics of low resistance, high efficiency, high dust capacity and so on.
Nonwoven Fabric (English name: Non Woven Fabric or Nonwoven cloth), also known as Nonwoven fabric up of directional or random fibers.
Non woven cloth is moistureproof, breathable, flexible, light, non-combustion-supporting, easy to decompose, non-toxic and non-irritating, color, low price, recyclable, and reusable.
The raw material is polypropylene (pp material), after high-temperature melting, spinning, web former machine, calender from the continuous one-step production.
Non-woven fabric features
Non-woven fabric has no warp and weft thread, so it is very convenient to cut and sew, and it is light and easy to shape.
Because it is a kind of fabric that does not need spinning and weaving, it forms a fiber net structure by the directional or random arrangement of textile short fibers or filament, and then USES mechanical, thermal adhesive, or chemical methods to strengthen it.
It is not woven and knotted together from yarn to yarn, but the fibers are spunbonded together, so that when you get to the scale in your clothes, you will find that there is no thread to pull out from one end to the other. Non-woven fabric has broken through the traditional textile principle, and has the characteristics of short technological processes, fast production rate, high output, low cost, wide use, and many raw material sources.
The relationship between non-woven cloth and spunbonded cloth
Spunbonded cloth is subordinate to non woven cloth. There are many production processes for the manufacture of non-woven fabrics, among which spunbond is one of them
(including spunbond process, melt spraying process, hot rolling process, water piercing process, most of the non-woven fabrics produced by spunbond process are now on the market.)
According to the composition of non-woven fabric, there are polyester, polypropylene, polyamide, spandex, acrylic, etc. Different ingredients will have completely different styles of non-woven fabric. And spunbonded fabric, usually refers to polyester spunbonded, polypropylene spunbonded; And the style of these two fabric is very close, through the high-temperature test can distinguish.
Non-woven fabric is a kind of non-woven fabric, which is made of polymer slices, staple fibers or filament fibers through the airflow or mechanical mesh, and then through water spinning, acupuncture, or hot rolling reinforcement, and finally after finishing to form a non-woven fabric. New fiber products with soft, breathable, and flat structures have the advantage of not producing fiber chips. They are strong, durable, silk-soft, and are also a kind of reinforcing material. Besides, they also have the feeling of cotton.
1. Lightweight: with polypropylene resin as the main raw material, the proportion is only 0.9, only three-fifths of the cotton, with fluffy, good feel.
2. Soft: made of fine fibers (2-3D) with a light hot melt bond. The finished product has moderate softness and comfort.
3. Water diversion and air permeability: the polypropylene slice does not absorb water, the moisture content is zero, the finished product is of good water diversion, composed of 100% fiber is porous, air permeability is good, easy to keep the cloth surface dry and easy to wash.
4. Non-toxic and non-irritating: the product produced with food-grade raw materials under FDA, without other chemical ingredients, stable performance, non-toxic, no odor, and no skin irritation.
5. Antibacterial, anti-chemical agents: polypropylene is a chemical blunt substance, not insect eaten, and can isolate the existence of bacteria and insects in the liquid erosion; Antibacterial, alkali corrosion, finished products do not affect the strength due to erosion.
6. Antimicrobial properties. Products with water, not moldy, and can isolate the presence of bacteria and insects in the liquid erosion, not the moldy moth.
7. Physical properties. Made of polypropylene spinning into a net of thermal bonding products, the strength of the products is better than the general staple fiber products, the strength of the directionless, like the vertical and horizontal strength.
8. Environmental protection, most non-woven fabrics made of polypropylene, while plastic bags made of polyethylene. Although the two materials have similar names, their chemical structure is quite different. The chemical molecular structure of polyethylene has quite strong stability and is extremely difficult to degrade, so it takes 300 years for plastic bags to decompose. The chemical structure of polypropylene is weak, and the molecular chain can be easily broken, so that it can be effectively degraded, and it enters the next environmental cycle in a non-toxic form. A non-woven shopping bag can be completely decomposed within 90 days. Moreover, the non-woven shopping bags can be reused for more than 10 times, and the pollution to the environment after being discarded is only 10% of that of plastic bags.
1) poor strength and durability compared with textile fabrics.
2) can't be washed like other fabrics.
3) the fibers are arranged in a certain direction, so they are easy to split at right angles, etc. So, the improvement of production methods is mainly focused on the improvement of preventing splitting.
How to distinguish the real or fake melt-sprayed cloth mask
Many fake mask manufacturers use low-quality, cheap, substandard raw materials for profit, and they can earn 10 times as much once they change hands. Some direct omit the most important melt spray cloth filter layer, with ordinary non-woven cloth instead, did not play the role of filtering viruses, may also produce harm to the body. So how do you tell if the sandwich fabric in a medical mask is real?
The two layers of inferior quality are easy to identify. A useful surgical mask must have three layers of spunbonded, non-woven fabric on either side and a layer of melt-sprayed fabric weighing a gram in the middle. The good melt-sprayed cloth looks white and opaque because the grams are heavy enough, and it looks very different from the spunbonded non-woven cloth on both sides. In plain English, it looks like paper. If it looks different but obvious thin, that is, the smaller the weight of the melt-sprayed cloth, the thinner the melt-sprayed cloth, the worse the effect.
Simple identification method:
First, as the name implies, the molten spray layer meets or will melt, rather than burn, the paper will burn when it meets fire.
Second, the spray layer has static electricity, you will melt the spray layer torn into a strip, will feel the electrostatic adsorption effect, can also be a strip of spray layer adsorption on stainless steel.
- Scan WeChat